“Trees in a Breeze 1” , one of four in this series, all painted from the same spot on different days. Painted in oils ‘plien aire’, on location as one of a series, exploring colour vision and movement it measures 45 x 53 cm (18″ x 21″). Available. To acquire this painting or to commission … Read more

Wine not?

Painting ‘plien aire’, “Famous Wine Villages of #Bordeaux” series. Château Lafite Rothschild is one of only ten Châteaux listed as the very best in France by the Imperial classification of 1855, a classification still in use today. Thinking Mouton Cadet Bordeaux Wine, it’s said to be better than ever now. Produced by the #Medoc chateaux … Read more

Party and more painting

Certainly cause for celebration and satisfaction.
Good news is a rare commodity these days.
I have been  given a Recepisse de Carte de Sejour Permenate.
This makes me much more ‘Brexit proof’; meaning I’ll be painting more glorious French landscapes.
I first tried for this back in 2012… successful this time, my third application.
Merci bien, vive la France !
Recepisse de Carte de Sejour
Recepisse de Carte de Sejour
Given my circumstances are ‘unusual’ some lateral thinking was needed while keeping firmly in mind PPP=PPP; to create an unusual and successful solution.

Read moreParty and more painting

what cost Brexit?

Attention in Westminster? French Eurotunnel and ferry customs officers who mounted an “unlimited strike” by enforcing strict border controls – to mimic what may happen after Brexit – have caused tens of kilometres of traffic jams. Want to know more from a reliable source? There is an article in this published by the Anglo-French journal … Read more

Power off

All British passports including pet passports issued up to the guillotine day, 29 March 2019 are full European Union travel documents.

After your passport will continue to be valid as a British travel document, but not your pet passport in the E U.

Both will lose their EU power.

You will probably need a visas and of course there will be fees and delays.

Love Brexit or love Britain?


If you are British,  live in France and don’t have a ‘Carte du Sejour or Carte de Residence you’d be well advised to apply to your regional prefecture.

Meanwhile, an ‘Attestation de Residence’ which you can obtain from your local Mairie or Hotel de Ville, may prove invaluable at the frontiers.

Read morePower off